Tuesday, February 7, 2017

We're so excited for WTB 2017!

Just the other week we went out to the sledding hill with cardboard sleds in hand to test their sledding capabilities. In my office, art supplies are strewn everywhere as I prepare this year’s winter craft. Outside, snow is falling as I think of snowball fights and broom-ball. Winter Trailblazer is coming up soon! 

The anticipation is hard to bear as I think about how much fun we have each year at Winter Trailblazer Camp. When asked what I am most excited for at Winter Trailblazer this year my answer is everything. I look forward to the amazing campers and volunteers, I can’t wait for the new activities and old classics out in the winter air, and I eagerly anticipate the work that God is going to do throughout the weekend. 

I like to think of Winter Trailblazer Camp as

“a cool time to get serious about God.”

Throughout the weekend we will be having awesome chapel sessions with music led by Michael Harris Jr. (of Christ Community Covenant Church) and messages prepared by Brandon Alverson (of Grace Place, our covenant church in Berthoud). Combined with each chapel session, we will have small group discussions designed to help every camper draw closer to Christ. Throw in some cardboard sled races, capture the flag games, and a massive party complete with a human-size foosball field and you’re bound to have a great time! Want to see what a winter weekend at camp can look like? Check out last year's video and know we anticipate much more snow this year!


Registration for Winter Trailblazer is open now, so be sure to sign up your campers soon! Also, anyone interested in volunteering at Winter Trailblazer can send me an email for more information. I hope to see you there!

Ethan Dixon
program director

No comments:

Post a Comment