Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Puppy Pointers

A few weeks ago, I was working on some home project or another. My seven month old labrador-mix puppy came trotting over and threw her head into me, demanding my attention.

My initial irritation of wanting to finish what I was working on was quickly replaced with a cute thought of what she was saying with her head-butt: Love on me! I'm here to be loved and to love you!

This was followed with the reflection of how God is saying the same thing to us- not out of desperation or need, but out of deep desire:


Let me love on you. I made you to be loved by me & to love me.


That quick head bump from my pup led to a heart-touch moment with our Savior and a precious reminder of oh how He loves!



My dog's interruption of what I felt was important at that moment (a project that I cannot even recall as I now write this blog) with her desire to play and have my attention also reminded me that God calls us to fun and joy and enjoyment with Him and in His world, along with the service and work and efforts to which we're called. What a privilege, to walk this life with Him. Praise be to God!


Jessica Drogowski
director of guest services

No comments:

Post a Comment