Tuesday, June 28, 2016

My Mountains & My God


Coming home from Denver this spring, I rounded a bend on I-25 and I was finally able to see the rockies. My immediate thought was "there's my mountains!" which was followed by a reflection on how silly it seems to call them "mine", when I have no more claim on them than anyone else, I didn't discover them, and I'm certainly not the only person to live in or value them. This was followed by a whisper from God, that it was ok to call them "my mountains"- they are beautiful and powerful and impactful, and though they do not belong to me alone, they are still mine to see and behold and explore, just as He is as my God. He is awesome and wonderful and every other word that tries to describe Him but comes up short, and He is no less mine or yours just because He is also every other person's who will accept Him- such an amazing Lord, Who is more than enough for us all.


"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." -Psalm 19:1-4


What a blessing and reminder creation can be, and what a fantastic God we have! Praise our Father!

Jessica Drogowski
director of guest services & marketing


No comments:

Post a Comment